Wednesday, July 4, 2007

the cell phone

The Samsung A930 cell phone is pretty amazing for what it is. I'm not a huge verizon fan, but I have their service because it works near our home (for sale as seen below). But with this phone, all on this one trip I was able to: enable GPS w/ turn by turn voice directions to get out of Baltimore in pouring rain; text msg my darling wife while she watched the game by tv at her mother's home; take the picture on the left during the game; look up the weather during a rain delay, allowing me to view a current radar image for the Baltimore area, thereby allowing us to decide to leave during the rain "delay" rather than get caught in the torrential downpour which was yet to come; of course allowed several of us to communicate while separated. All from a standard "non-smart" cell phone.

Pretty amazing.

No comments: