Wednesday, July 15, 2015

NOAA Alert or Asleep?

Why is it that I get "alerts" from NWS via NOAA alert broadcasts only when a storm is actually on top of me?

"
(Alert) CodeRED Weather Warning: The NWS has issued a Flash Flood 
Warning for your Weston location from 8:43 AM July 15 until 12:45 PM 
July 15.
"
 
I mean, these are Marine alerts out to 20 Nautical miles.

The radar already looks like this:



If I depended on a NOAA alert (ok, I know. NO serious boater does.... but I digress) my boat would be in Davy Jones' Locker!

Perhaps I have my agencies wrong?

Perhaps this is a NWS problem??  The NWS doesn't issue the "alert" until its way way too late.

Regardless, I've received phone calls, text messages, the weather radio has gone off 3 times.

All of this AFTER the storm has already hit, and caused my soffits to leak.
 

No comments: