Monday, August 1, 2016

Clamming the back

....On a hot hot day

There is a song that, for some reason, came to mind while looking at the second picture:

California Dreamin'

All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)
I'd be safe and warm (I'd be safe and warm)
If I was in L.A. (if I was in L.A.)
California dreamin' (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day


Well the leaves aren't brown, the sky was not grey, and I just just finished walking over a football field size area of mud in search of a few clams. Which I found.  I only wanted a few and was selective on size. Success on both fronts, came back with about 50, to be split among some friends and enjoyed ourselves.
We have just finished what turned out to be a genuine heat wave, with high temps well above 90F for over 2 weeks.


Thankfully, my wife reminded me to pack a cup of ice, in addition to the bottle of water.
Sitting down in the cool, incoming water, really really was feeling refreshed.



Of course, after this we bugged over to Gilchrist's for breakfast, then out the inlet
to take in Atlantic City from a totally flat, gorgeous oceanview.

Coming back in, we were greeted by a trio of bottlenose dolphins.
 
Weather's been great. Hey, it's summer!  Do I need to be a California dreamer?
 
No way!
><((((*>

No comments: