Sunday, December 11, 2016

Tough Year

It was a tough year for me, fishingwise.

Never found a good bite in the surf, given that I went about a dozen times all year.

Down here, unlike North Jersey, it's rare to just "show up" and find a bite. Either you are
out there a LOT, hitting prime time dark in the "back", have a good cell phone network for when bait and fish *do* show up, or it's like hitting the lottery.  Those that put in a lot of time (yes, a lot more than a dozen trips) do search out and find fish, but IMO it's a lot tougher on foot below LBI than North!

ok, enough grumbling.

On the other hand, I had some very cool, new experiences.

Caught my largest shark to date, a Sand bar shark about 5'

Caught my personal best Flounder at 6.5lbs!

Caught one of my best tog at 4.5lbs!

Teamed up with a couple of nice guys to do wave runner clamming!

Caught my first flounder from the wave runner!

Pulled a treble back out through my finger nail before going to the doctor to renew my tetanus shot
(wait, what? yup, that happened :D)

Had a few epic days of togging.

So, the year wasn't a total bust, but very very different than I imagined over last winter!

May you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday and Blessed New Year!

Remember, Jesus *is* the reason for the season :)

No comments: